CANADA: Gildan returns to profit in Q1
- Q1 net profit US$35.3m, versus $46.1m loss last year
- Net sales up 38.5% to $420.8m
- Slight increase to FY revenue outlook
Apparel business Gildan Activewear returned to profitability in its first quarter of fiscal 2013, boosted by lower discounting and its recent Anvil acquisition.
Gains from lower cotton costs and improved market conditions for printwear, however, were partially offset by the cost of repairs to the company’s hurricane-damaged textile facility in the Dominican Republic.
Printwear sales in the three months to 30 December soared by 65.6%, while branded apparel revenues were up 13%, Gildan said.
The company forecast full-year net sales revenues would slightly exceed its previous guidance of $2.1bn, thanks to better than expected printwear revenues.
However, it maintained its adjusted earnings guidance of $2.60-2.70 per diluted share.
Gildan’s strategy focuses on production downtime to better align inventory levels with projected sales and improve supply chain efficiency. The company is also seeking to further increase its presence...
Lower cotton costs, higher unit sales volumes, a more favourable branded product-mix, and increased supply chain and manufacturing efficiencies helped T-shirt and sock maker Gildan Activewear to a 47....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change