UK: Gilmore named Jigsaw COO
UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has hired Richard Gilmore, currently planning director at Fred Perry, to the new role of COO as part of efforts to strengthen its management team.
Joining the company in September, Gilmore will have responsibility for operations, merchandising, trading and logistics across the group.
"Logistical efficiencies, growth in e-commerce and improved merchandising are just some of the areas I will be focusing on," said Gilmore, who has also held positions at retailers Next, Debenhams, River Island and John Lewis.
The news comes after the appointment of former John Lewis brand and buying director Peter Ruis as CEO last week.
Charles Atterton, joint CEO with John Robinson, will become chairman, while Robinson has been named chairman of Kewsaw Limited, the parent company of the group.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
The growth of inexpensive private label apparel is ending as the sector becomes less and less competitive, according to new research....
Strong sales in its shops and online helped department store retailer John Lewis to "break records" over the Christmas trading period....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts