FRANCE: GIMV, Alsace Capital snap up Wolf Lingerie
European investment fund GIMV and Alsace Capital have acquired a majority stake in French based underwear firm Wolf Lingerie for an undisclosed sum.
The transaction, which fits within the reorganisation of Wolf's capital, aims to further develop the group's position in France and internationally.
"The Wolf group became a sector benchmark thanks to its highly talented management team, its integrated model, innovative products and a price/quality ratio that is greatly appreciated by its consumers," said Anne Caron, partner at GIMV.
"We intend to support the group in its growth strategy by reinforcing the reputation of its brands in France and abroad, in addition to making targeted acquisitions."
The Wolf group designs, manufactures and distributes women's underwear, mostly under its own brands, in addition to designing and manufacturing collections for major retailers and international brands.
The company has been developing a multi-channel distribution channel over the last five years. In 2013, the group reported total sales of EUR56m (US$76.1m), having doubled revenues in ten years.
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap audits reveal compliance issues in Myanmar
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- ANALYSIS: Back-to-school spending a waiting game
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Accord and Alliance discord "a setback"
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Myanmar and US to develop labour rights initiative
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report