FRANCE: GIMV, Alsace Capital snap up Wolf Lingerie
European investment fund GIMV and Alsace Capital have acquired a majority stake in French based underwear firm Wolf Lingerie for an undisclosed sum.
The transaction, which fits within the reorganisation of Wolf's capital, aims to further develop the group's position in France and internationally.
"The Wolf group became a sector benchmark thanks to its highly talented management team, its integrated model, innovative products and a price/quality ratio that is greatly appreciated by its consumers," said Anne Caron, partner at GIMV.
"We intend to support the group in its growth strategy by reinforcing the reputation of its brands in France and abroad, in addition to making targeted acquisitions."
The Wolf group designs, manufactures and distributes women's underwear, mostly under its own brands, in addition to designing and manufacturing collections for major retailers and international brands.
The company has been developing a multi-channel distribution channel over the last five years. In 2013, the group reported total sales of EUR56m (US$76.1m), having doubled revenues in ten years.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies