UK: Gio Goi brand enters administration
Youth clothing brand Gio Goi has fallen into administration.
Jane Moriarty and Colin Haig from KPMG Restructuring Partners have been appointed administrators to the brand.
Commenting on the appointment Moriarty said: "Following a restructuring programme last year, Gio Goi was unable to return to growth levels enjoyed up until 2009 and has become another victim of the recessionary environment.
"We are now looking to sell the business and assets and will continue to satisfy customer orders pending a sale of the business."
In the UK, the brand is distributed through JD Sports, USC, Littlewoods, Republic and Lifestyle in Ireland as well as a network of independent retailers.
Design is undertaken at the company's London-based head office, which focuses on two main and two subsidiary collections each year. Supply is sourced from an established network of factories in the Far East.
Gio Goi employed 24 people, the majority of which were made redundant upon appointment.
JD Sports Fashion has named Gwynn Milligan managing director of its Bank fashion stores, replacing Peter Alecock who has been promoted to group commercial operations director....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
More than 50 UK and overseas firms have expressed interest in buying upmarket UK fashion retailer Nicole Farhi, less than a week after it collapsed into administration....
The number of UK retailers falling into administration in the first half of 2013 fell by nearly one-third, with new research suggesting those that remain in business are now stronger and more robust....
Retail group JD Sports Fashion has bought the Ark fashion chain out of administration, in a move that saves ten shops and 160 jobs....
Outdoor retail chains Blacks and Millets are expected to make a "substantial, but significantly reduced" loss this year, parent company JD Sports Fashion said....
UK sportswear retailer JD Sports Fashion has today (3 June) confirmed plans to open its first ten stores in the Netherlands later this year....
UK sportswear retailer JD Sports Fashion has seen its full-year pre-tax profit plummet, after losses at the Blacks Leisure outdoor clothing and equipment chain offset higher revenue....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report