UK: Gio Goi brand enters administration
Youth clothing brand Gio Goi has fallen into administration.
Jane Moriarty and Colin Haig from KPMG Restructuring Partners have been appointed administrators to the brand.
Commenting on the appointment Moriarty said: "Following a restructuring programme last year, Gio Goi was unable to return to growth levels enjoyed up until 2009 and has become another victim of the recessionary environment.
"We are now looking to sell the business and assets and will continue to satisfy customer orders pending a sale of the business."
In the UK, the brand is distributed through JD Sports, USC, Littlewoods, Republic and Lifestyle in Ireland as well as a network of independent retailers.
Design is undertaken at the company's London-based head office, which focuses on two main and two subsidiary collections each year. Supply is sourced from an established network of factories in the Far East.
Gio Goi employed 24 people, the majority of which were made redundant upon appointment.
JD Sports Fashion has named Gwynn Milligan managing director of its Bank fashion stores, replacing Peter Alecock who has been promoted to group commercial operations director....
More than 50 UK and overseas firms have expressed interest in buying upmarket UK fashion retailer Nicole Farhi, less than a week after it collapsed into administration....
The number of UK retailers falling into administration in the first half of 2013 fell by nearly one-third, with new research suggesting those that remain in business are now stronger and more robust....
Retail group JD Sports Fashion has bought the Ark fashion chain out of administration, in a move that saves ten shops and 160 jobs....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015