UK: Gio Goi brand enters administration
Youth clothing brand Gio Goi has fallen into administration.
Jane Moriarty and Colin Haig from KPMG Restructuring Partners have been appointed administrators to the brand.
Commenting on the appointment Moriarty said: "Following a restructuring programme last year, Gio Goi was unable to return to growth levels enjoyed up until 2009 and has become another victim of the recessionary environment.
"We are now looking to sell the business and assets and will continue to satisfy customer orders pending a sale of the business."
In the UK, the brand is distributed through JD Sports, USC, Littlewoods, Republic and Lifestyle in Ireland as well as a network of independent retailers.
Design is undertaken at the company's London-based head office, which focuses on two main and two subsidiary collections each year. Supply is sourced from an established network of factories in the Far East.
Gio Goi employed 24 people, the majority of which were made redundant upon appointment.
JD Sports Fashion has named Gwynn Milligan managing director of its Bank fashion stores, replacing Peter Alecock who has been promoted to group commercial operations director....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
More than 50 UK and overseas firms have expressed interest in buying upmarket UK fashion retailer Nicole Farhi, less than a week after it collapsed into administration....
The number of UK retailers falling into administration in the first half of 2013 fell by nearly one-third, with new research suggesting those that remain in business are now stronger and more robust....
Retail group JD Sports Fashion has bought the Ark fashion chain out of administration, in a move that saves ten shops and 160 jobs....
Outdoor retail chains Blacks and Millets are expected to make a "substantial, but significantly reduced" loss this year, parent company JD Sports Fashion said....
UK sportswear retailer JD Sports Fashion has today (3 June) confirmed plans to open its first ten stores in the Netherlands later this year....
UK sportswear retailer JD Sports Fashion has seen its full-year pre-tax profit plummet, after losses at the Blacks Leisure outdoor clothing and equipment chain offset higher revenue....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead