HONG KONG: Giordano books mixed H1 results
Apparel retailer Giordano International has posted a mixed set of results for its first-half as sales climbed but earnings fell.
In the six months to the end of June, net profit slid 3% to HKD340m (US$43.8m) from HKD352m a year earlier. This added HKD35m to earnings in the second half of last year. Without the gain, first-half profit was up 10%.
Sales in the period climbed 5% to HKD2.84bn from HKD2.7bn a year earlier. The retailer experienced particularly strong growth in its emerging markets of Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. The acquisition also boosted sales.
Global brand sales, however, dropped 2% due to the group's current approach of closing underperforming stores and ending subsidies to poorly performing franchise operations.
Despite declining brand sales, strong pricing and cost discipline protected profitability, particularly in mainland China where profits were broadly in line with last year, the retailer said. Sales in the region, however, dropped by 7% in Mainland China as the Group focuses on repositioning the brand in these markets.
Apparel Retail in Singapore industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains ...
In 2012, international mass and high street apparel brands continuously expanded their business operations in Taiwan by increasing outlet coverage. Hang Ten, Giordano, Zara and Uniqlo are focusing on ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Children's Wear market to grow at a CAGR of 5.36 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details