HONG KONG: Giordano Q3 sales up on strong mainland demand
Hong Kong-listed casual-wear retailer Giordano International Ltd has reported a 6% rise in third-quarter sales, helped by strong demand from the Chinese mainland.
Giordano sales in mainland China for the three-month period gained 22% year-on-year, while its sales in Singapore increased 6%, in Hong Kong were up 1% and in Taiwan fell 2%. The company said Giordano Ladies recorded the strongest third-quarter sales increase of 13%.
However, sales for the first nine months of the year were 2% lower than in the same period last year.
During the third quarter Giordano opened 42 outlets, including 14 in China and 10 in Taiwan, bringing its global network to 1,740 outlets at the end September.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
2006 profits at casualwear retailer Giordano International Ltd have slumped by 50% as unseasonable warm weather and strong competition in South Korea and the Middle East hit sales....
Fast Retailing's board of directors has decided against making an offer for retailer Giordano International....
Hong Kong-listed clothing retailer Giordano International has confirmed it has received bid interest from Japan's Fast Retailing, Asia's largest-listed garment seller and operator of the Uniqlo chain....
Top Asian apparel company Fast Retailing is interested in buying a stake in retailer Giordano International, reports said....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016