HONG KONG: Giordano Q3 sales up on strong mainland demand
Hong Kong-listed casual-wear retailer Giordano International Ltd has reported a 6% rise in third-quarter sales, helped by strong demand from the Chinese mainland.
Giordano sales in mainland China for the three-month period gained 22% year-on-year, while its sales in Singapore increased 6%, in Hong Kong were up 1% and in Taiwan fell 2%. The company said Giordano Ladies recorded the strongest third-quarter sales increase of 13%.
However, sales for the first nine months of the year were 2% lower than in the same period last year.
During the third quarter Giordano opened 42 outlets, including 14 in China and 10 in Taiwan, bringing its global network to 1,740 outlets at the end September.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
2006 profits at casualwear retailer Giordano International Ltd have slumped by 50% as unseasonable warm weather and strong competition in South Korea and the Middle East hit sales....
Fast Retailing's board of directors has decided against making an offer for retailer Giordano International....
Hong Kong-listed clothing retailer Giordano International has confirmed it has received bid interest from Japan's Fast Retailing, Asia's largest-listed garment seller and operator of the Uniqlo chain....
Top Asian apparel company Fast Retailing is interested in buying a stake in retailer Giordano International, reports said....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack