US: Girls BCG windsuits in strangulation recall
Drawstrings in the hood around the neck area pose a strangulation hazard
Academy Sports + Outdoors has recalled around 6,600 girls' BCG hooded windsuits because drawstrings in the hood around the neck area pose a strangulation hazard.
The products were manufactured in China, and were available in sizes XS, S, M and L from Academy Sports + Outdoors, of Katy, Texas, between September and October 2013 for US$20.
No injuries have been reported, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
This recall involves Girls BCG Hooded Windsuits in sizes XS, S, M and L. The windsuits are made of water-resistant fabric and include a jacket and pants. The jacket has a front zip closure and elastic cuffs. The windsuits come in pink with black on the jacket at the top shoulder and a black side strip on the pants, gray with blue on the jacket at the top shoulder and a blue side strip on the pants, and purple with lighter purple on the jacket at the top shoulder and a pink strip on the pants. The style number is SGBCGA9001 and the following SKUs:
|XS||0024229635, 0024229486, 0024229569|
|S||0024229643, 0024229494, 0024229577|
|M||0024229650, 0024229502, 0024229585|
|L||0024229668, 0024229510, 0024229593|
You can find the SKU and style number on a label sewn inside the jacket on the left side.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstring from the windsuits to eliminate the hazard, or return the garment to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Academy Sports + Outdoors stores and on the firm’s website www.academy.com between September 2013 and October 2013 for about $20.
Academy Sports + Outdoors, of Katy, Texas
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Academy-Sports-Outdoors-Recalls-Girls-BCG-Hooded-Windsuits/
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy