US: Girls hooded jackets in strangulation risk recall
The jackets pose a strangulation hazard to young children
Around 820 girls' hooded jackets have been recalled by Runway Global because the drawstrings around the neck area pose a strangulation hazard to young children.
The Sugarfly-branded jackets, which were made in China, were sold at US Burlington Coat Factory stores and online from September 2011 to September 2013 for US$40.
No incidents related to the jackets have been reported to date.
Runway Global Recalls Girls’ Sugarfly Hooded Jackets Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
This recall involves three styles of Sugarfly-branded hooded, woven cotton and woven polyester jackets for girls with a drawstring through the hood. Style number KMCBJ255 is olive and has a zipper closure and four front pockets with buttons, plus two zipper pockets. Style number KMCBJ410 is a belted, double-breasted, French coat style white garment with faux fur around the neck. Style KMCBJ421 is fuchsia or purple and has a button closure, plus snap button pockets on each side. They were sold in girl’s sizes 7 through 16. The style number can be found on the back of the sewn-in neck label.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately take the garments away from children. Consumers can remove the drawstrings to eliminate the hazard or return the garments to Burlington Coat Factory for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide and online at Burlingtoncoatfactory.com from September 2011 through September 2013 for about $40.
Runway Fashions Inc., of New York, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Runway-Global-Recalls-Girls-Sugarfly-Hooded-Jackets/
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report