US: Girls hooded jackets in strangulation risk recall
The jackets pose a strangulation hazard to young children
Around 820 girls' hooded jackets have been recalled by Runway Global because the drawstrings around the neck area pose a strangulation hazard to young children.
The Sugarfly-branded jackets, which were made in China, were sold at US Burlington Coat Factory stores and online from September 2011 to September 2013 for US$40.
No incidents related to the jackets have been reported to date.
Runway Global Recalls Girls’ Sugarfly Hooded Jackets Due to Strangulation Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory
This recall involves three styles of Sugarfly-branded hooded, woven cotton and woven polyester jackets for girls with a drawstring through the hood. Style number KMCBJ255 is olive and has a zipper closure and four front pockets with buttons, plus two zipper pockets. Style number KMCBJ410 is a belted, double-breasted, French coat style white garment with faux fur around the neck. Style KMCBJ421 is fuchsia or purple and has a button closure, plus snap button pockets on each side. They were sold in girl’s sizes 7 through 16. The style number can be found on the back of the sewn-in neck label.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately take the garments away from children. Consumers can remove the drawstrings to eliminate the hazard or return the garments to Burlington Coat Factory for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide and online at Burlingtoncoatfactory.com from September 2011 through September 2013 for about $40.
Runway Fashions Inc., of New York, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Runway-Global-Recalls-Girls-Sugarfly-Hooded-Jackets/
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015