US: Girl's sandals recalled over choking hazard
The sandals pose a choking hazard to children
Around 1,300 American Boy and Girl infant sandals have been recalled because the top strap can be pulled loose from the shoe, posing a choking hazard to children.
The 'Susan' style girl's sandals were sold under the Falls Creek Baby brand at Meijer stores in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio between April and July 2013 for US$6-9.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said no injuries have been reported.
The sandals were manufactured in China and sold in infant sizes 3-6 months, 6-9 months and 9-12 months.
American Boy and Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Meijer Stores
Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
This recall involves infant girl sandals sold under the Falls Creek Baby brand. The “Susan” style was sold in infant sizes 3 to 6 months, 6 to 9 months and 9 to 12 months. The white leather sandals have three pink, purple and yellow flowers on the top and a top strap that attaches to a hook and loop fastener on each side of the shoe. “Falls Creek Baby” and the size are printed on the inside of the shoe.
Consumers should immediately take the recalled sandals away from children and contact American Boy and Girl for a refund or replacement.
Sold exclusively at
Meijer Stores in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio from April 2013 to July 2013 for between $6 and $9.
American Boy and Girl (ABG), of Elizabeth, N.J.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/American-Boy-and-Girl-Recalls-Infant-Sandals/
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack