US: Girl's sandals recalled over choking hazard
The sandals pose a choking hazard to children
Around 1,300 American Boy and Girl infant sandals have been recalled because the top strap can be pulled loose from the shoe, posing a choking hazard to children.
The 'Susan' style girl's sandals were sold under the Falls Creek Baby brand at Meijer stores in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio between April and July 2013 for US$6-9.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) said no injuries have been reported.
The sandals were manufactured in China and sold in infant sizes 3-6 months, 6-9 months and 9-12 months.
American Boy and Girl Recalls Infant Sandals Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Meijer Stores
Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
This recall involves infant girl sandals sold under the Falls Creek Baby brand. The “Susan” style was sold in infant sizes 3 to 6 months, 6 to 9 months and 9 to 12 months. The white leather sandals have three pink, purple and yellow flowers on the top and a top strap that attaches to a hook and loop fastener on each side of the shoe. “Falls Creek Baby” and the size are printed on the inside of the shoe.
Consumers should immediately take the recalled sandals away from children and contact American Boy and Girl for a refund or replacement.
Sold exclusively at
Meijer Stores in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio from April 2013 to July 2013 for between $6 and $9.
American Boy and Girl (ABG), of Elizabeth, N.J.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/American-Boy-and-Girl-Recalls-Infant-Sandals/
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022