Global Brands inks deals for Buffalo denim brands
Hong Kong-listed Global Brands Group has inked long-term licensing agreements for the Buffalo David Bitton and i Jeans by Buffalo denim brands as it works to establish itself as a leader in denim.
Under the agreement, Buffalo David Bitton and i Jeans by Buffalo will join Global Brands’ portfolio of fashion and lifestyle brands, and Global Brands will design, produce and distribute products across both brands’ core categories.
“With the addition of the Buffalo brands, we have taken another significant step to establish Global Brands as a leader in the denim category,” said CEO and vice chairman Bruce Rockowitz.
“We are focused on categories where we want to be a key player and achieve scale. Denim is one such category which we are excited about and where we see excellent potential for growth. We’re seeing a revival of denim as a fashion essential and believe that it will continue to trend strongly.”
Buffalo International said the strategic partnership through 2025 will both strengthen and solidify the Buffalo David Bitton and i Jeans brands globally.
Global Brands Group added that the licensing deals enable it to further strengthen its business in the US and Canada and expand the brands globally.
This is the second long-term licensing agreement Global Brands has signed in the denim space, after it inked a US$80m deal with Sequential Brands Group to acquire the Joe's jeans brand earlier this month.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020