Global news roundup
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
Ho Chi Minh City has approved a proposal by Indira Gandhi Co for the cooperation with a Japanese group to develop a small industrial zone producing materials for the garment and textile industry. A fibre plant project worth VND399bn (US$18.45m) by Gia Dinh Garment & Textile Co has also been approved. SAIGON DAILY
China Gezhouba Group Corporation has expressed a keen interest in investing in Pakistan Textile City in Karachi. The company has allocated US$15bn for overseas investment and has discussed financial assistance, joint ventures and infrastructure development with the Ministry of Textiles. THE INTERNATIONAL NEWS
Textile major, Vardhman Textiles, has received approval to set up two major units in Himachal Pradesh. Subsidiaries Auro Textiles and Mahavir Spining Mill will invest 22,858 lakh and 33,028 lakh, respectively. THE ECONOMIC TIMES
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has shown interest in setting up a textile and garment factory in Moscow. The comments were made at a meeting with Vinatex representatives and Moscow's Minister of Investments and Innovations, Denis Butsayev. INTERFAX
European companies, including El Corte Ingles, Becara and Mango, are exploring opportunities to source high-end garments from the Philippines. A report by the Department of Trade and Industry also identifies German distributor Katag as showing interest. MANILA BULLETIN
The trend towards the dual sourcing of garments has accelerated since the middle of the last decade....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack