Global news roundup
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy.
- The All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (Aptma) has opposed Sui Southern Gas Company’s (SSGC) decision to curtail gas supply to the industry for at least two days a week in Sindh. Sindh produces 70% of gas in the country and consumes less than 40%. THE EXPRESS TRIBUNE.
- China’s National Standards Committee has approved the first mandatory national standard for infants and children textile products. The standard covers chemical, mechanical, and accessory safety. HAWKER.COM
The Indian Cotton Federation has suggested banks restrict the interest rate for textile mills to 7% in order to make the industry more viable due to a sluggish off-take of yarn and fabrics. Similarly, the interest on cotton holding should be limited to 7% for growers, traders and government agencies to boost industry and trade, the IFC believes. BUSINESS STANDARD
The Philippine Fibre Industry Development Authority (PhilFIDA) has said it plans to revive local production of cotton through the use of genetically modified varieties. PhilFIDA expects local production output of the crop to soar as a result, by 2020, with export to Southeast Asian countries a possibility. MALAYA BUSINESS INSIGHT.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective