WORLD: Global Yarn Production Climbs In Q1
World yarn production halted its seven-quarter decline in the first quarter of this year and fabric production also rose slightly over the period, the International Textile Manufacturers Federation (ITMF) has revealed.
Figures just released by the Swiss-based group global yarn stocks dropped as the newly-incorporated US yarn stock position slumped by almost 25 per cent, while world fabric inventories rose for the first time in nine months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again