WORLD: Global Yarn Production Climbs In Q1
Figures just released by the Swiss-based group global yarn stocks dropped as the newly-incorporated US yarn stock position slumped by almost 25 per cent, while world fabric inventories rose for the first time in nine months.
The ITMF said on an annual basis, world yarn output was down four per cent amid big production cuts in the US, while global fabric output slipped 2.4 per cent with output falling in the US but rising in Asia.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022