POLAND: Gloomy October For Polish Stores
Polish stores experienced a gloomy time last month but the future looks brighter, says a source.Both retail sales and firms' financial situations worsened in October, compared with the previous month. Figures released yesterday by the Central Statistics Office, GUS, revealed that the index measuring retail sector confidence fell by two points to minus six points in October. A quarter of companies interviewed for the survey said business was not good, while 19 per cent viewed their situation positively. Despite these figures, the companies and the retail sector were looking forward to a better November and December, said the source.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016