POLAND: Gloomy October For Polish Stores
Polish stores experienced a gloomy time last month but the future looks brighter, says a source.Both retail sales and firms' financial situations worsened in October, compared with the previous month. Figures released yesterday by the Central Statistics Office, GUS, revealed that the index measuring retail sector confidence fell by two points to minus six points in October. A quarter of companies interviewed for the survey said business was not good, while 19 per cent viewed their situation positively. Despite these figures, the companies and the retail sector were looking forward to a better November and December, said the source.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands