UK: Gloverall snaps up Peter Scott
The administrators of UK textiles firm Peter Scott & Company have sold the business and its assets as a going concern to clothing company Gloverall.
As part of the sale, the company’s remaining 21 employees will transfer to the new owner, a statement said.
Blair Nimmo, head of restructuring at administrators KPMG in Scotland, said: "This is a fantastic result for the company, staff, creditors and the town of Hawick. Peter Scott & Company is synonymous with quality clothing and the Borders region, so it is particularly pleasing to finalise this sale.
"This sale represents a good outcome for the parties involved, and we would like to wish the new owners and the business every success in the future."
Samuel Lee, Gloverall director, said: "Gloverall is delighted to acquire a business with such a rich heritage and brand presence.
"We are currently reviewing our intentions to recommence full production of Peter Scott & Company products in Hawick and will be in a position to make a formal announcement in the near future."
Peter Scott slipped into administration last month after attempts to find a buyer for the Scottish company foundered.
The firm makes premium clothing, particularly cashmere, lambswool and blended knitwear, and has long had a reputation for its golf-themed apparel.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack