VIETNAM: GMC boosts profit 14%
Vietnamese garment and textiles manufacturer Sai Gon Garment Joint Stock Company (GMC) has posted annual profit of VND16.13bn (US$0.92m), up 14% on the prior year.
Fourth quarter turnover was down 18.55% to VND83.82bn (US$4.9m) GMC said. Q4 net profit grew 183.5% to VND4.795bn.
The Ho Chi Minh city-based company currently sets its 2009 targets of VND340.12bn in revenue and VND18.824bn in profit.
By Ngo Tuan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
From credit problems at CIT, to falling pay and rising opposition to the political situation in Honduras, textile and apparel suppliers last month faced up to a number of significant sourcing issues. ...
Moves by Nike and Adidas to stop sourcing leather from farms linked with Amazon deforestation highlight how the industry's complex supply chains exacerbate the challenge of raising environmental stand...
The ways in which the current recession will impact consumers' interest in playing sports, working out or getting regular exercise - and of course buying the kit to take part - forms the cornerstone o...
Australian toy firm Funtastic Limited is selling its apparel business to Australian Horizons Trading Pty Ltd, a company privately owned by industry veteran Jeff Moss....
Vietnam's Century Corp posted first half 2009 net profit of VND9.2bn (US$0.52m) to grow 109% compared to the same period last year....
A group of leading apparel and footwear firms has expressed its concern about the ongoing political upheaval in Honduras, calling for "a prompt and just solution" to recent events and the restoration ...
Sportswear giant Adidas has responded to Greenpeace claims connecting the sourcing of leather with rainforest destruction by unveiling a set of stringent supplier requirements....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022