VIETNAM: GMC to build US$1.25m garment plant
Vietnamese manufacturer GMC has begun constructing a new VND20bn (US$1.25m) garment plant in Ho Chi Minh city.
The plant, named Tan My garment, will be located at Hac Di Industrial Point, Ba Ria, Vung Tau province, on a 50,000 square metre plot of land.
It will produce sportswear for export to the US and EU markets.
In the first half 2007, GMC's profit reached US$0.56m, a year-on-year increase of 138.5%.
By Ngo Tuan.
Dr John Cheh, the newly appointed chief executive officer of Hong Kong based cotton shirt manufacturer Esquel, talks to just-style about social responsibility and sustainable development, life after q...
The WTO's seven-year-old Doha Development Round is planning the final phase of its negotiations, which would slash many import duties on clothing and textiles traded worldwide and maybe eliminate some...
The UK footwear market is showing signs of a slow-down, recently illustrated by shoe chains Dolcis and Stead & Simpson being forced into administration. Both have since been acquired by other retailer...
The Sri Lankan government is putting its weight behind an appeal to extend the EU GSP+ trade concession for another three years. But, faced with increasing allegations of human rights violations and r...
Hong Kong's footwear exports edged up by 0.6% in 2007 to US$5,963m, while imports were down 1.7% year-on-year to $5,137m....
Children's clothing retailer Pumpkin Patch today (20 February) reported that earnings for the first half of the year went up 0.7% to reach NZ$27.9m (US$22.1m)....
The European Commission (EC) office in Sri Lanka said last week that some countries will "graduate" out of footwear duty cuts into the EU from 2009....
The European Commission has formally threatened legal action against Poland over its charging of a reduced 7% VAT rate on children's clothes, accessories and shoes which Brussels says breaks European ...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack