FRANCE: Go Sport full-year sales decline
French sportswear retailer Go Sport has reported a decline in full-year and fourth-quarter turnover, weighed down by weaker demand in its domestic market.
Go Sport Group sales reached EUR641.9m (US$873m) in 2013, down 5% from the same period last year, while same store sales fell 4.6% year-on-year. In France, sales declined 8% to EUR413.5m, while Poland reported a 0.7% drop to EUR52.3m.
During the fourth quarter of 2013, group sales edged down 1.6% to EUR159.6m.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020