FRANCE: Go Sport full-year sales decline
French sportswear retailer Go Sport has reported a decline in full-year and fourth-quarter turnover, weighed down by weaker demand in its domestic market.
Go Sport Group sales reached EUR641.9m (US$873m) in 2013, down 5% from the same period last year, while same store sales fell 4.6% year-on-year. In France, sales declined 8% to EUR413.5m, while Poland reported a 0.7% drop to EUR52.3m.
During the fourth quarter of 2013, group sales edged down 1.6% to EUR159.6m.
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- EU and Turkey to update customs union
- Apparel industry Q1 results in brief