FRANCE: Go Sport full-year sales decline
French sportswear retailer Go Sport has reported a decline in full-year and fourth-quarter turnover, weighed down by weaker demand in its domestic market.
Go Sport Group sales reached EUR641.9m (US$873m) in 2013, down 5% from the same period last year, while same store sales fell 4.6% year-on-year. In France, sales declined 8% to EUR413.5m, while Poland reported a 0.7% drop to EUR52.3m.
During the fourth quarter of 2013, group sales edged down 1.6% to EUR159.6m.
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Apparel software trends 2015: What else to watch?
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide