US: Goldner Hawn buys majority of Allen-Edmonds
Private-equity firm Goldner Hawn Johnson & Morrison has made a majority equity investment in Allen-Edmonds Shoe Corporation, a manufacturer and retailer of luxury, branded men's footwear and accessories.
Goldner will partner with the company's current owners and management team. Managing director Michael T Sweeney said: "The quality behind every aspect of Allen-Edmonds made the company very attractive to us.
"Our philosophy is to invest in established middle-market companies located in the Midwest with strong management and help them grow to the next level. Allen-Edmonds is a perfect fit."
Allen-Edmonds' chairman John Stollenwerk added: "Bright days lie ahead for Allen-Edmonds. Goldner Hawn is an ideal partner based on their demonstrated success in taking privately-held companies to the next stage by devoting the talent and resources to grow brands while maintaining strong cultures of quality and customer service."
The two companies have not disclosed the financial terms of the deal.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- SuperGroup CFO leaves over own bankruptcy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide