US: Goldner Hawn buys majority of Allen-Edmonds
Private-equity firm Goldner Hawn Johnson & Morrison has made a majority equity investment in Allen-Edmonds Shoe Corporation, a manufacturer and retailer of luxury, branded men's footwear and accessories.
Goldner will partner with the company's current owners and management team. Managing director Michael T Sweeney said: "The quality behind every aspect of Allen-Edmonds made the company very attractive to us.
"Our philosophy is to invest in established middle-market companies located in the Midwest with strong management and help them grow to the next level. Allen-Edmonds is a perfect fit."
Allen-Edmonds' chairman John Stollenwerk added: "Bright days lie ahead for Allen-Edmonds. Goldner Hawn is an ideal partner based on their demonstrated success in taking privately-held companies to the next stage by devoting the talent and resources to grow brands while maintaining strong cultures of quality and customer service."
The two companies have not disclosed the financial terms of the deal.
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- US strengthens cooperation with East Africa
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras