JAPAN: Goldwin shares boosted by swimwear focus
The share price of the Japanese marketer for Speedo's LZR Racer swimsuits, Goldwin, rose sharply today on an announcement that the company will be aiming to ramp up sales of its highly profitable swimwear.
Goldwin, which made a loss last year, said it will boost sales of its most profitable line - Speedo hybrids of LZRs that sell for 30-40% less.
The company said it would release the swimsuits in June just before the international swim meet in Rome in July.
With international sales accounting for nearly two-thirds of Warnaco's total group revenues, the company is, not surprisingly, focusing on international growth of brands like Calvin Klein while the do...
Apparel maker The Warnaco Group Inc today lifted its full-year guidance after third quarter profit rose 12%, helped by growth in its Calvin Klein business and tight control of inventories and costs....
Sri Lanka is gearing up to hold its first annual Design Festival at the end of this month in a bid to put the country on the map as a source of design as well as a manufacturing destination....
MAS Active, the sports and active wear division of MAS Holdings, has partnered with Nike Inc to set up an apparel innovation and training centre in Sri Lanka....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack