US: Golfer Luke Donald renews Polo alliance
Luke Donald, currently the tenth-rated professional golfer in the world, has renewed his endorsement contract with Polo Ralph Lauren.
The native of England will continue to serve as brand ambassador with emphasis on the RLX Golf collection, for which he will appear in ads to be launched this summer.
Polo didn't disclose the duration of the new contract but did indicate that it was a multi-year agreement. Polo became Donald's exclusive sponsor in 2002 and launched RLX Golf last year.
"I have always loved Ralph Lauren clothing," said Donald. "The brand's classic style and exceptional technical performance make it the ideal choice for me on and off the golf course."
RLX Golf brought Ralph Lauren's design sensibility to golf and prides itself on "functional, slimmed down shapes with modern, technical fabrics."
David Lauren, Polo's senior vice president for advertising, marketing and corporate communications, called Donald "an outstanding player whose international recognition supports RLX Golf's growing global exposure."
Polo also sponsors Tom Watson, David Love III, Jonathan Byrd and Morgan Pressel. RLX is sold at green grass shops and resorts in North America, Asia and Europe, as well as on polo.com.
By Arnold J Karr.
Polo Ralph Lauren has reported net income of US$88m for the first quarter of Fiscal 2008, compared to net income of $80m for the first quarter last year, reflecting 10% growth as the company makes fur...
Wolverine World Wide has appointed Jordan J Wand as vice president and general manager of its newly launched Merrell Apparel range....
Apparel manufacturer and retailer Levi Strauss has filed a lawsuit against market rival Polo Ralph Lauren for allegedly using pocket stitching that is confusingly similar to its own....
Tavex Group, the premium denim manufacturer based in Madrid, Spain, has opened a sales and service office at 131 Spring Street in New York City's SoHo district....
Luxottica Group said late Wednesday (20 June) that it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire Oakley for about US$2.1bn....
Christian Arkins has joined the Bobby Jones division of Hickey Freeman Co as men's wear director of design....
Ralph Lauren, chairman and CEO of Polo Ralph Lauren Corp, has received an anniversary gift from the company he founded 40 years ago - a pay rise....
Sri Lankan garment maker The Hirdaramani Group plans to build a green factory this year and invest in a project to make all of its existing factories more environmentally friendly, just-style has lear...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack