USA: Goody's Announces Resignation of General Merchandise Manager
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc., (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) announced the resignation of Tom Kelly, Executive Vice President and General Merchandise Manager. Kelly, who reported to Bob Goodfriend, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, has served as head of the Company's merchandising organization since 1995. "Tom has made many valuable contributions to our business since joining Goody's," said Goodfriend. "While we regret his decision to leave, we wish him well as he pursues other opportunities." The Company will begin an immediate search for a new general merchandise manager, who will report to the Chairman. Until such an appointment is made, the merchandising division will report directly to Goodfriend. With Headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately priced family apparel operating 297 stores in the 17 states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022