USA: Goody's Family Clothing Announces October Sales Results
Sales for the third fiscal quarter ended October 28, 2000, increased 3.3 per cent to $276.6m from $267.8m during the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the third fiscal quarter decreased 5.2 per cent from the same period in the prior year.
Sales for the nine fiscal months ended October 28, 2000, increased 7.6 per cent to $850.3m from $790m during the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the first nine fiscal months decreased 2.8 per cent from the same period in the prior year.
"We believe that our business during the month of October was almost entirely a reflection of weather patterns in most of our markets. During the first two weeks of the month, when the weather was cool, our comparable store sales were positive in the high single digits. As the weather became unseasonably warm during the last half of the month, sales correspondingly lost momentum," said Robert M. Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "Because our sales were robust during the cooler weather, we believe that our merchandise is generally on target for the fall selling season."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
GF Acquisition said it has completed its short-term merger with Goody's Family Clothing and also announced the resignation of its three remaining independent directors....
GF Acquisition has completed its tender offer for Goody's Family Clothing shares, returning the business to the private realm....
Goody's Family Clothing has reported an increased third-quarter loss, caused by merger-connected fees and poor same-store sales....
Retailer Goody's Family Clothing has signed a definitive deal to be bought by buyout companies GMM Capital and Prentice Capital for $9.60 per share....
Retail store operator Goody's Family Clothing said the recently received acquisition bid from private investment firms Prentice Capital Management and GMM Capital tops that offered by original suitor ...
Regional department store chain Goody's has started new takeover negotiations after receiving a bid that values the retailer at about $280 million....
Family department store chain Goody's Family Clothing Inc has signed a definitive deal to be bought for almost $273 million by an affiliate of private-investment company Sun Capital Partners Inc....
Mid-priced family apparel retailer Goody's Family Clothing Inc has agreed to be acquired by an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners Inc for about $265 million....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing