USA: Goody's Family Clothing Announces October Sales Results
Goody's Family Clothing today reported sales for the fiscal month of October 2000 of $84.9m, an increase of 2.8 per cent over October 1999 sales of $82.6m. Comparable store sales for October 2000 decreased 4.9 per cent from October 1999. Sales for the third fiscal quarter ended October 28, 2000, increased 3.3 per cent to $276.6m from $267.8m during the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the third fiscal quarter decreased 5.2 per cent from the same period in the prior year. Sales for the nine fiscal months ended October 28, 2000, increased 7.6 per cent to $850.3m from $790m during the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the first nine fiscal months decreased 2.8 per cent from the same period in the prior year. "We believe that our business during the month of October was almost entirely a reflection of weather patterns in most of our markets. During the first two weeks of the month, when the weather was cool, our comparable store sales were positive in the high single digits. As the weather became unseasonably warm during the last half of the month, sales correspondingly lost momentum," said Robert M. Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "Because our sales were robust during the cooler weather, we believe that our merchandise is generally on target for the fall selling season."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts