USA: Goody's Family Clothing Announces October Sales Results
Goody's Family Clothing today reported sales for the fiscal month of October 2000 of $84.9m, an increase of 2.8 per cent over October 1999 sales of $82.6m. Comparable store sales for October 2000 decreased 4.9 per cent from October 1999. Sales for the third fiscal quarter ended October 28, 2000, increased 3.3 per cent to $276.6m from $267.8m during the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the third fiscal quarter decreased 5.2 per cent from the same period in the prior year. Sales for the nine fiscal months ended October 28, 2000, increased 7.6 per cent to $850.3m from $790m during the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the first nine fiscal months decreased 2.8 per cent from the same period in the prior year. "We believe that our business during the month of October was almost entirely a reflection of weather patterns in most of our markets. During the first two weeks of the month, when the weather was cool, our comparable store sales were positive in the high single digits. As the weather became unseasonably warm during the last half of the month, sales correspondingly lost momentum," said Robert M. Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "Because our sales were robust during the cooler weather, we believe that our merchandise is generally on target for the fall selling season."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016