USA: Goody's President Assumes Expanded Role
Reporting to Ms Krauter will be Max W Jones, recently appointed to the position of executive vice president, merchandising; David R Mullins, executive vice president of stores; Bruce Halverson, sr vice president, planning and allocation; Stanley B Latacha, sr vice president of marketing and advertising; John Okvath, sr vice president for product development, and Hazel Moxim, vice president for human resources.
Prior to joining Goody's, Ms Krauter served as senior vice president of Sears Merchandise Group where she was responsible for the company's multi-billion dollar women's ready-to-wear, intimate apparel and accessories divisions.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
When retailers go off-track, they end up trying to follow the evolution of consumer tastes, trends and spending. By the time they understand what their shopper is about, she's moved on to the next bes...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Family department store chain Goody's Family Clothing Inc has signed a definitive deal to be bought for almost $273 million by an affiliate of private-investment company Sun Capital Partners Inc....
Mid-priced family apparel retailer Goody's Family Clothing Inc has agreed to be acquired by an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners Inc for about $265 million....
Multi-channel retailer Sears Canada is recalling two lines of children's outfits due to a potential choking hazard....
Max Jones, executive vice president of merchandising for mid-price apparel chain Goody's Family Clothing Inc, has resigned from his position....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' April sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022