USA: Goody's To Open Five New Stores
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc today announced plans to open five new stores, one each in Alexandria and Ruston, Louisiana; Lumberton and Mooresville, North Carolina; and Princeton, West Virginia. The company also plans to relocate its store in Somerset, Kentucky. All six stores are scheduled to open Thursday, October 5. The company is continuing its recent expansion into the state of Louisiana, adding a 22,000-sq-ft store in the Ruston Centre in Ruston and a 33,000-sq ft location in Alexandria's Alexandria Commons. These openings bring the company's total number of Louisiana stores to three. In North Carolina, where Goody's currently operates 40 stores, the company is adding a 25,000 sq-ft store in the Lumberton Towne Centre in Lumberton and a 30,000-square-foot store in Mooresville's Consumer Square. Goody's currently operates six stores in West Virginia and is adding a 30,000 sq ft location in Princeton's East River Plaza. In Somerset, Kentucky, the company is relocating its 2835 South Highway 27 store to an expanded and updated location at 1966 Highway 27 across from Wal-Mart Supercenter. Year-to-date, the company has opened 17 new stores and relocated four stores. Including the five new stores outlined above, the company expects to open 14 new stores during the remainder of this fiscal year, bringing the total new stores for the year to 31.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts