USA: Goody's To Open Three New Stores
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced plans to open three new stores, one each in Decatur, Alabama; Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia; and Logansport, Indiana. The company also plans to relocate its Bessemer, Alabama, store. All four stores are scheduled to open Thursday, October 19. In Alabama, the company is adding a 35,000 sq ft store in Decatur's English Village shopping centre, bringing the total number of Goody's stores operating in the state to 34. As part of an effort to strengthen its presence in the North Georgia/Chattanooga, Tennessee area, Goody's is adding a 23,000 sq ft store to Ft.Oglethorpe's Sentry Station shopping center, bringing its total number of Georgia stores to 47. In Indiana, the company is locating a 17,000 sq ft store in Logansport Mall in Logansport. This store brings the company's total number of Indiana stores to 15. Finally, Goody's will relocate its Bessemer, Alabama, store from Westlake Mall to 59 West shopping center on Academy Drive. Year-to-date, the company has opened 22 new stores and relocated or remodeled six stores. Including the stores outlined above, the company plans to open 10 new stores during the remainder of this fiscal year, and relocate seven, bringing the total new stores for the year to 32, and relocated or remodeled stores to 13.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack