USA: Goody's To Open Three New Stores
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced plans to open three new stores, one each in Decatur, Alabama; Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia; and Logansport, Indiana. The company also plans to relocate its Bessemer, Alabama, store. All four stores are scheduled to open Thursday, October 19. In Alabama, the company is adding a 35,000 sq ft store in Decatur's English Village shopping centre, bringing the total number of Goody's stores operating in the state to 34. As part of an effort to strengthen its presence in the North Georgia/Chattanooga, Tennessee area, Goody's is adding a 23,000 sq ft store to Ft.Oglethorpe's Sentry Station shopping center, bringing its total number of Georgia stores to 47. In Indiana, the company is locating a 17,000 sq ft store in Logansport Mall in Logansport. This store brings the company's total number of Indiana stores to 15. Finally, Goody's will relocate its Bessemer, Alabama, store from Westlake Mall to 59 West shopping center on Academy Drive. Year-to-date, the company has opened 22 new stores and relocated or remodeled six stores. Including the stores outlined above, the company plans to open 10 new stores during the remainder of this fiscal year, and relocate seven, bringing the total new stores for the year to 32, and relocated or remodeled stores to 13.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar