USA: Goody's Told To Pay Tommy Hilfiger $11m
Apparel chain Goody's Family Clothing Inc on Monday said it may appeal a court's ruling it must pay fashion giant Tommy Hilfiger Corp $11 million for selling counterfeit clothing and trademark infringement. The Tennessee-based operator of 300 stores was on Friday ordered to pay Hilfiger $2.1m in damages from its sale of fake T-shirts and nearly $9m for trademark infringement related to the labelling of three lines of private label jeans formerly used by the retailer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack