USA: GORDON OSBORNE - 1906-2000
Gordon Osborne, the only person in the history of the North ern Textile Association to hold both the gold and silver medals, died yesterday at the age of 93 from complications due to Parkinson's disease. Gordon held the position of chairman, director and, for eighteen years, treasurer of the association. He began his business career with Warwick Mills in 1934 and served as its president from 1948 to 1994. Warwick, a technical and industrial fabric producer in New Ipswich, New Hampshire, is the longest continuously active sustaining member company in the association Gordon Osborne joined Northern Textile Association in 1927 while a student at Lowell Technological Institute (now University of Massachusetts,Lowell). He loved the textile industry, its people and this association. His loyalty and support for the association and the industry were recognized in 1979 with the award of the association silver medal and in 1994 with the award of the gold medal. Gordon was an outdoorsman and a scholar as well as a great personal friend to many in the industry. Gordon is survived by his wife, Marjorie. The service will be private. Gordon requested that any donations in his name be made to the American Textile History Museum, 491 Dutton St. Lowell, MA 01854
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar