US: Gore and Milliken partner on protective coverall
High performance fabric makers Milliken & Company and WL Gore & Associates have teamed up to launch the JSLIST chemical/biological (CB) coverall for combat vehicle crewman (JC3), which uses a new selectively permeable barrier based fabric system.
The two-layer fabric consists of Milliken's Abrams flame resistant (FR) fabric and the moisture vapour breathable Gore Chempak selectively permeable protective barrier liner.
This provides the combat vehicle crew with durable protection from liquid, vapour, and aerosol chemical/biological warfare agents for up to 16 hours, even after the fabric system has been contaminated with petroleum, oils and lubricants.
The joint offering has been chosen as the only approved CB Protective fabric system for the United States Army and Marine combat vehicle crews.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing