USA: Gottschalks Appoints Achabal To Board
Achabal, an associate dean at Santa Clara Univeristy, has worked as a retail strategy consultant with companies including Gap, Levi Strauss and Foot Locker.
Gottschalks CEO Jim Famalette said the company was "very pleased" with Achabal's appointment.
"Dale has many years of experience consulting for major retail corporation and is active in research focused on retailing strategies," Famalette said.
"We believe Gottschalks will benefit from Dale's extensive knowledge of our industry and we look forward to his contributions to the company."
Gottschalks operates 63 department stores and 10 specialty apparel stores across the United States.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Business analytics company Appian Analytics Inc has signed an agreement with clothing giant Gap Inc to provide business analytics and reporting services for monitoring performance across Gap brands in...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
Athletic goods retailer Foot Locker has named Keith Daly as president and chief executive officer of its Foot Locker Europe division, and has promoted Marla Anderson to be president and chief executiv...
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Athletic goods retailer Foot Locker Inc said its first-quarter sales and income rose, driven by its combined US store businesses which benefited from increased sales of higher-priced marquee footwear....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar