USA: Gottschalks Department Stores Feel The Strain
Department store chain Gottschalks Inc reported financial results for its second quarter ended August 4, 2001. The net loss for the quarter, excluding non-recurring charges related to costs associated with the closure of stores and the company's third-party distribution centre, was $2.4m, or $0.19 per share. This compares to net income, excluding non-recurring charges, of $602,000, or $0.05 per share in the second quarter last year. Including the non-recurring charges the net loss for the quarter was $2.8m, or $0.22 per share, compared to net income of $11,000 or $0.00 per share in the second quarter last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020