USA: Gottschalks Department Stores Feel The Strain
Department store chain Gottschalks Inc reported financial results for its second quarter ended August 4, 2001. The net loss for the quarter, excluding non-recurring charges related to costs associated with the closure of stores and the company's third-party distribution centre, was $2.4m, or $0.19 per share. This compares to net income, excluding non-recurring charges, of $602,000, or $0.05 per share in the second quarter last year. Including the non-recurring charges the net loss for the quarter was $2.8m, or $0.22 per share, compared to net income of $11,000 or $0.00 per share in the second quarter last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack