US: Gottschalks Q2 income up to US$486,000
Regional department store chain Gottschalks boosted net income in the second quarter of the year but said net loss widened in the year so far.
Quarterly net income was US$486,000 compared to $259,000 a year ago, while total sales rose 1.2% and same-store sales grew 1.1%.
Year-to-date net loss was $3.5m compared to $1.7m previously. Total sales increased slightly and same-store sales were flat.
President and CEO Jim Famalette said: "Our sales performance for the second quarter was not as strong as we had expected. While our soft line businesses had a solid gain of nearly 3%, it was partially offset by a weak quarter for hard lines."
"Based on our performance in the first half of fiscal 2006, and current business trends, we expect same store sales for the year to be up approximately 1% and net income to be in the range of our previous guidance of $5.2m to $5.6m, including the special items in the second quarter and stock based compensation expense as well as taking into consideration the initiatives we are implementing to improve the home division performance."
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' December 2006 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Regional store chain Gottschalks said it is using UBS Investment Bank to help it look at possible options include a sale or merger....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November 2006 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Higher costs and a weak home business more than offset improving trade on the soft goods front as Gottschalks Inc late Tuesday (28 November) reported deeper losses for the third quarter and nine month...
Wal-Mart Stores sneezed on Saturday, and by the end of the weekend the rest of the retail market had a cold....
Regional department store chain Gottschalks said it plans to withdraw its common stock listing from NYSE Arca, previously the Pacific Stock Exchange - to reduce expenses and eradicate regulatory and a...
Regional department store retailer Gottschalks is reviewing strategic alternatives including a sale or merger....
Regional department store chain Gottschalks has lowered its full-year profit forecast because of charges connected to a store closure....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack