USA: Gottschalks Unveils Private Label Children's Apparel Line
The California-based operator of nearly 80 stores in West Coast states said the new line features three labels and boasts a wide selection of stylish and fun clothing for kids at affordable prices.
It Includes shorts, skirts, tops, t-shirts, in both sets and separates, plus sleepwear, socks and underwear.
President and CEO, Jim Famalette, said: "The launch of our GK line is a key component of our more aggressive pursuit of private label opportunities this year. Our private label merchandise can be tailored to fit the specific needs of Gottschalks' customers.
"Historically, these exclusive brands have differentiated our merchandise offerings from competitors and also have resulted in improved margins for the company.
"We have had considerable success with two of our other private label brands, Shaver Lake and Sarah Bentley, and look forward to a similar response to our new children's line."
He added Gottschalks continues to anticipate private label sales will grow by 15 per cent in 2003 compared to the prior year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Nonwovens producer Polymer Group Inc is increasing the price of nonwoven roll goods in North America by up to 12 per cent, blaming rapid increases in raw material and energy costs....
Innovo Group Inc has hired Elena Pickett as its vice president of sales. In this new position for the company, Ms Pickett will primarily oversee and direct sales for the branded apparel lines, which i...
Sri Lankan clothing maker Jinadasa Garments has set up its third production unit in Africa. The new plant, which operates under the name of California Link (Ghana) Ltd, expands the company's two exist...
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
Italian customs police have uncovered €1.8 million worth of fake-branded trainers imported from China. ...
Fashion apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne Inc has made a number of senior leadership appointments and organisational changes in line with its growth strategies....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar