VIETNAM: Government Encourages Textile Investment
And it has called for more foreign investment in order to reach the garment and textile industry's target of $4-5bn in export turnover in 2005.
Industry Minister, Dang Vu Chu, said the country is actively integrating into the world economy.
It has signed a Bilateral Trade Agreement with the US and is speeding up talks to join the World Trade Organisation.
Mr Chu said Vietnam agreed with the general opinion asking those developing countries which import garment and textile products to speed up the integration of garment and textile products into the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade.
And he also said Vietnam agreed with removing quotas on important products, creating conditions for the development ASEAN countries' garment and textile industry.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar