UK: Government Minister To Address Textile Institute Lunch
The Government's policy on education and employment will come under the spotlight when the Baroness Blackstone addresses industry representatives at the Textile Institute's (TI)annual parliamentary lunch.Baroness Blackstone, Minister of State for Education and Employment, will be guest speaker at the House of Lords on Friday November 17.TI director General Hennessey commented: "We are delighted that such a high profile Government Minister has agreed to speak at this event."Education and employment are extremely important issues to anyone involved in textiles. The Parliament Lunch will offer a unique opportunity for interested parties to reach the very heart of the Government policy and thinking."Baroness Blackstone, a graduate of the London School of Economics (LSE), became a life peer in 1987. Since then she has been Opposition Spokesman in the House of Lords for Education and Science, Treasury, Trade and Industry and Principle Opposition Spokesman for Foreign Affairs, before becoming Minister of State for Education and Employment in the Lords in 1997.For the first time, the Parliamentary Lunch will also feature the induction of the incoming Textile Institute World President Dr Garth Carnaby, Wools of New Zealand. Dr Carnaby will take over from the current world president Dr Jayavarthanavelu, Lakshmi Machine Works, India.Booking forms for the lunch are available from Jo Hewitt at the Textile Institute on +44 (0)161 237 1188 or via
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack