PAKISTAN: Government releases textile support funds
Pakistan's Ministry of Textile Industry has released funds to make payments this fiscal year under the export finance mark-up rate facility and mark-up rate support for the textile sector against long-term loans.
A circular issued by the State Bank of Pakistan last week said funds have been released for payment of 100% of the export finance mark-up rate facility during 1 September 2010 and 28 February 2011, and for the payment of 100% mark-up rate support for the textile sector against long-term loans during 01 March 2011 and 31 August 2011.
The circular also stated that banks and development finance institutions may lodge separate claims for mark-up supports under these schemes by 7 May.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Opinion divided on China cotton import cuts
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Textile value chain making Africa more competitive
- US and EU apparel groups set out stance on TTIP
- Cambodia garment worker wage talks stagnate