PAKISTAN: Government releases textile support funds
Pakistan's Ministry of Textile Industry has released funds to make payments this fiscal year under the export finance mark-up rate facility and mark-up rate support for the textile sector against long-term loans.
A circular issued by the State Bank of Pakistan last week said funds have been released for payment of 100% of the export finance mark-up rate facility during 1 September 2010 and 28 February 2011, and for the payment of 100% mark-up rate support for the textile sector against long-term loans during 01 March 2011 and 31 August 2011.
The circular also stated that banks and development finance institutions may lodge separate claims for mark-up supports under these schemes by 7 May.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket