CHINA/KOREA: Governments complete latest round of FTA talks
China and the Republic of Korea have completed the seventh round of free trade agreement talks, completing the first stage of negotiations.
The Ministry of Commerce said that the talks were co-chaired by Yu Jianhua, deputy China international trade representative of Ministry of Commerce, and Woo Tae-hee, South Korea's assistant trade minister.
The two parties have reached agreements on coverage by FTA agreements, reaching a consensus on trade in goods, the agreement's scope, principles and frameworks for the next round of talks.
The eighth round of talks will be held in the Republic of Korea later this year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022