UK: Graduate work on show at the British Fashion Council
The eighth British Fashion Council Colleges Forum Open Day will take place tomorrow (Tuesday 11th April 2000) at the British Fashion Council offices at 5 Portland Place, London W1 from 12 noon to 7.30pm.The event provides manufacturers, designers, retailers and the press with an opportunity to view the work of students who are about to graduate. Senior representatives from many of the UK's top colleges and universities will be present to show portfolios demonstrating a cross-section of work from various courses, including BA, BSc, MA, HND and BTEC. Products and services on display will include menswear, womenswear, knitwear, lingerie, childrenswear, textiles and accessories.Another focus of the BFC's activities to bring the UK's top fashion graduates to the attention of the industry is the BFC Princess of Wales Charitable Trust. The first winner, Germaine Sharpe, was awarded the scholarship in 1998 and graduates this summer. She will display samples of her knitwear collection at the Open Day.The BFC Princess of Wales Charitable Trust (which was set up by the British Fashion Council in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales) awards an annual scholarship to an individual who shows exceptional creativity and flair. The winner is chosen by a selection panel comprising top UK press, buyers and designers. Students interested in applying for the 2000 scholarship should contact Simon Ward at the British Fashion Council no later than Friday 9th June. Tel: 020 7636 7788. Fax: 020 7636 7515.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack