UK: Graduate work on show at the British Fashion Council
The event provides manufacturers, designers, retailers and the press with an opportunity to view the work of students who are about to graduate. Senior representatives from many of the UK's top colleges and universities will be present to show portfolios demonstrating a cross-section of work from various courses, including BA, BSc, MA, HND and BTEC. Products and services on display will include menswear, womenswear, knitwear, lingerie, childrenswear, textiles and accessories.
Another focus of the BFC's activities to bring the UK's top fashion graduates to the attention of the industry is the BFC Princess of Wales Charitable Trust. The first winner, Germaine Sharpe, was awarded the scholarship in 1998 and graduates this summer. She will display samples of her knitwear collection at the Open Day.
The BFC Princess of Wales Charitable Trust (which was set up by the British Fashion Council in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales) awards an annual scholarship to an individual who shows exceptional creativity and flair. The winner is chosen by a selection panel comprising top UK press, buyers and designers. Students interested in applying for the 2000 scholarship should contact Simon Ward at the British Fashion Council no later than Friday 9th June. Tel: 020 7636 7788. Fax: 020 7636 7515.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020