US: Granada Sales looks for ERP productivity boost
Granada Sales Corp, a private-label manufacturer of women's loungewear and sleepwear, is implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to help boost productivity and efficiency in its business and financial operations.
It provides "a single point of entry for the entire company, from finance to inventory control, sales orders and production - the complete manufacturing lifecycle," adds CFO Jim McGinn.
When the implementation is complete, the new ERP solution should help Granada see benefits including a streamlined work flow, higher profitability, reduced costs, superior customer service, improved inventory turns and visibility into the entire enterprise.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Just as fashion styles and trends have gone global, so have the IT vendors that cater to these companies - and those that sell ERP and PLM applications are no exception....
As ERP and PLM integrated suites become an increasingly important tool for apparel companies looking to edge out the competition, software suppliers are also constantly adding new features and capabil...
It's no secret that Product Lifecycle Managment (PLM) has taken the global apparel industry by storm, becoming a must-have software tool for many clothing companies seeking economies of scale in the i...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' September 2011 sales results. ...
Smartphones and tablet computers are changing the way consumers shop and gather information about products before they buy. And as their uptake accelerates, savvy retailers will need to ensure their m...
The deal revealed last week by Liz Claiborne Inc to sell its loss-making Mexx business to a joint venture led by private equity firm The Gores Group is a win-win for all concerned, the company believe...
Apparel seller Liz Claiborne Inc has spent the best part of the last four years trying to reduce its long-term debt and bring expenses in line with weak sales and consolidation of its department store...
JC Penney has lured away Target's chief marketing officer, appointing Michael Francis as president of the company as it works to redefine its brand....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar