USA: Grand Prix Sports To Snap Up IFT International Shares
Grand Prix Sports Inc has signed a non-binding letter of intent to acquire all of the outstanding shares of privately held IFT International Inc.
"This merger will enable our company to expand its services worldwide and will permit us to identify opportunities, particularly in our licensing operations where access to additional financial resources may be required," said IFT International president, Antonio Maggioni.
IFT was set up in 1985 to assist European manufacturers with import and marketing requirements associated with selling their products into the US. The current focus is on premium products in the apparel, design and lifestyle industries.
Brands serviced include Jean Paul Gaultier, Moschino, Custo Barcelona, Alberto Ferritti. Clients include Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom.
IFT International has reported profitable operations over the last five-year period, and recently aggregate revenues for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2001 and the short fiscal year ended March 31, 2000 were around $63 million, while operating income for the period was around $14.4m.
Companies: Saks Incorporated
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of retail group Saks Incorporated, has named Thomas Matthews group senior vice president of asset protection and operations for Saks Fifth Avenue....
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The growing importance of Russia and the Middle East as major markets for UK fashion and accessories was highlighted at last week's presentation in London of the 2004 UK Fashion Export Awards, with Mu...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022