UK: Green Given August Deadline For M&S Bid
The merger and acquisition regulator said its ruling followed representations made by M&S advisors and talks with advisors representing the retailer and Green's investment vehicle Revival Acquisitions.
"No extensions to this (noon) deadline will be granted, except with the consent of the Panel executive," the panel said in a statement to the London Stock Exchange.
M&S's board has so far turned down two informal offers from Green for the group, saying they undervalued the retailer.
Green, the owner of fashion retailers Bhs and Arcadia, tabled a revised 370 pence per share offer for M&S on June 16, valuing the company at £8.14 billion.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Retail mogul Philip Green is reportedly in talks over a possible sale of the Bhs clothing chain, but is remaining silent on the issue....
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
Retail tycoon Philip Green has criticised the stock of his store chain BHS as being 'poor', and 'off the boil' in comments reported yesterday....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar