USA: Greendog Unleashed On Back-to-School
Greendog back-to-school events focus on the "no more homeless pets" mission with fundraisers to promote and benefit local and regional animal shelters and pet adoption programs.
The Greendog line boasts of fashions that are "tougher than cafeteria meat" and "food-fight proof". The brand spans infant to tween, offering a broad range of basic items, as well as age-appropriate trend merchandise for boys and girls.
Greendog launch events are scheduled throughout August and September at the department stores listed below.
- Greendog character public appearances and dog biscuit bake sales at select Burdines stores throughout August to benefit local pet charities.
For additional information on Burdines events, please call 305/577-2171.
- Greendog fashion show and mascot appearance on August 26 at the South Hills Village Lazarus store in Pittsburgh, PA. Guests can also watch a local troupe of "Doggy Dancers" demonstrate the latest moves from the World Canine Freestyle Organization.
Greendog fashion shoots with kids modeling on video their favorite Greendog outfits and posing with Greendog himself at Lazarus Kenwood (Cincinnati, August 19) and Tuttle Crossing (Columbus, August 26) stores. Parents can purchase the video to benefit local animal charities.
For additional information on Lazarus events, please call 770/913-4992.
Macy's (New York/New Jersey and California)
- A Macy's-hosted benefit cruise and animal calendar contest with proceeds donated to the Jersey Shore Animal Shelter.
A dog walk to benefit the Brooklyn Animal Research Coalition (BARC).
A Greendog fashion show at Macy's Sherman Oaks, CA, store on August 19 will feature pets from The Amanda Foundation (TAF), along with a personal appearance by TAF spokesperson and KNBC-TV Today in L.A. Weekend traffic reporter, Tricia Nicholl.
Greendog on the Catwalk - a kids and pets fashion show at Macy's Fashion Valley store on August 26 - will benefit the San Diego Humane Society.
A Macy's-hosted fashion show and educational event at the Pleasanton, CA, store on September 16 will focus on pet care. In addition to onsite adoptable pets from the Animal Rescue Foundation, the event will feature age-appropriate skits for children to teach them how to properly care for animals.
For additional information on the New York/New Jersey events, please call 212/494-1341. For additional information on the California events, please call 415/393-3705.
Rich's (Southeast US)
- A Greendog fashion show at Rich's North Point Mall in Alpharetta, GA, on August 19 will feature 10 child models selected from auditions in early August at Rich's Gwinnett store and Town Center store. In addition to a Greendog character appearance and face painting, guests can register to win a trip for four to Walt Disney World. An adopt-a-pet will be hosted outside the store entrance.
For additional information on the Rich's event, please call 770/913-4992.
Greendog merchandise is now available in fine department stores nationwide, including The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's and Rich's. Greendog's Internet site, www.gogreendog.com, will launch in late August.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts