US: Greg Norman tees it up with Macy's golf line
Golfer Greg Norman is teaming up with Macy’s.
Iconic golf brand Greg Norman Collection is teaming up with Macy's to design a performance-based, golf-inspired sportswear collection for men under the department store retailer's Tasso Elba line.
Greg Norman for Tasso Elba will launch in Macy's stores and online in January 2011, with more than 625 stores carrying core product and the top 300 stores featuring the full breadth of the assortment.
"The collaborative efforts between Greg Norman Collection and Tasso Elba successfully fuse the time-honoured athletic sensibilities of golf with the traditional appeal of the Tasso Elba brand," commented Tim Adams, chief private brands officer of Macy's Inc.
The collection will "embody a much broader sportswear assortment that transcends the traditional knit golf shirt," added Michael J Setola, president and CEO of Greg Norman Collection. Products will include shirts, shorts, pants, outerwear, belts, socks and hats, with retail prices ranging from $30 - $120.
There will also be a selection called 'Shark by Greg Norman for Tasso Elba' that will provide trimmer fits for a younger customer.
Norman, who has 91 career victories to his name, including two wins at the British Open and a win at the Players Championship, said: "I've always wanted to expand on the collection's lifestyle heritage and our partnership with Macy's gives us a platform to reach consumers beyond golf."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Department store giant Macy's showed a much-improved performance in its fourth quarter, boosting profits by 50% and recording a 4.3% rise in same-store sales. ...
Arafa Holding, Egypt's biggest garment exporter, is to reopen its factories at the weekend after reaching a deal with striking workers....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective