CANADA: GRIT to acquire textiles manufacturer
Canadian business GRIT International has announced a planned acquisition of textile manufacturing company Obion Textiles.
Obion manufactures textiles for the clothing industry and is currently producing 500,000 pounds of finished textiles each month, a statement said.
GRIT plans to purchase a 75% stake in the company with Obion,to operate it under a yet to be established subsidiary. GRIT's other operations include mining, resources, utilities and manufacturing.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective