USA: GT Nexus Secures American Eagle Contract
GT Nexus, a supply-chain software and services provider, says it has netted a deal to implement and operate a technology platform for global transportation and import operations management for lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
The technology platform is part of a corporate initiative to improve the company's import supply chain operations by providing a unified data hub and a global logistics control system with which American Eagle will manage international freight activities.
American Eagle's vice president for import operations and logistics, Hank Shechtman, said: "Leading-edge logistics processes are essential to customer satisfaction and strategic growth for American Eagle Outfitters".
The contract involves GT delivering on-demand software applications, partner connectivity and data integration services, and performance management tools.
Nexus already has taken American Eagle live with its Phase I implementation, converting all ocean and air freight contracts to the new system, training service providers, and running optimisation scenarios.
Subsequent phases will complete partner integrations to the American Eagle network, deploy shipment planning and freight audit tools, and roll out American Eagle-dedicated product enhancements.
Youth apparel company American Eagle Outfitters has posted a 26.6 per cent rise in third-quarter earnings, but predicted that fourth-quarter income will fall short of analyst predictions....
Lifestyle company American Eagle Outfitters is to relocate its Warrendale-based corporate headquarters to an urban development in Pittsburgh....
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters has announced that its new casual sportswear retail concept will be called MARTIN + OSA, after Kansan outdoor explorers Martin and Osa Johnson....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc on Tuesday lowered its third quarter earnings forecast amid inconsistent store traffic in September....
Casual clothing company American Eagle Outfitters Inc says it plans to launch a new concept next year aimed at driving expansion....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc says that good sales of teen apparel pushed up second-quarter turnover, almost doubling its earnings for the period....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020