USA: GT Nexus Secures American Eagle Contract
GT Nexus, a supply-chain software and services provider, says it has netted a deal to implement and operate a technology platform for global transportation and import operations management for lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
The technology platform is part of a corporate initiative to improve the company's import supply chain operations by providing a unified data hub and a global logistics control system with which American Eagle will manage international freight activities.
American Eagle's vice president for import operations and logistics, Hank Shechtman, said: "Leading-edge logistics processes are essential to customer satisfaction and strategic growth for American Eagle Outfitters".
The contract involves GT delivering on-demand software applications, partner connectivity and data integration services, and performance management tools.
Nexus already has taken American Eagle live with its Phase I implementation, converting all ocean and air freight contracts to the new system, training service providers, and running optimisation scenarios.
Subsequent phases will complete partner integrations to the American Eagle network, deploy shipment planning and freight audit tools, and roll out American Eagle-dedicated product enhancements.
Youth apparel company American Eagle Outfitters has posted a 26.6 per cent rise in third-quarter earnings, but predicted that fourth-quarter income will fall short of analyst predictions....
Lifestyle company American Eagle Outfitters is to relocate its Warrendale-based corporate headquarters to an urban development in Pittsburgh....
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters has announced that its new casual sportswear retail concept will be called MARTIN + OSA, after Kansan outdoor explorers Martin and Osa Johnson....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc on Tuesday lowered its third quarter earnings forecast amid inconsistent store traffic in September....
Casual clothing company American Eagle Outfitters Inc says it plans to launch a new concept next year aimed at driving expansion....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc says that good sales of teen apparel pushed up second-quarter turnover, almost doubling its earnings for the period....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack