US: Guardian Capital takes McCubbin Hosiery majority stake
Private equity firm Guardian Capital Partners has acquired a controlling stake in children's and women's hosiery firm McCubbin Hosiery.
On closure of the acquisition, the existing managers will continue to operate the company, the firms said. The transaction was made for an undisclosed sum.
"Our partnership with Guardian Capital Partners is an exciting milestone for the company," said McCubbin president David McCubbin. "Our strategies and vision for growth are perfectly aligned and together we will leverage our experiences, skills and resources to push the company to even greater levels of innovation and expansion of the business."
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, McCubbin has a portfolio of branded and private label socks, tights, slippers, leg warmers and infant soft sole shoes. The company sells through department stores, mass retailers, warehouse clubs, speciality stores and e-commerce channels.
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Vietnam – Are we too late to the party?
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- H&M commits to DBL Group's new Ethiopia factory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals