US: Guardian Capital takes McCubbin Hosiery majority stake
Private equity firm Guardian Capital Partners has acquired a controlling stake in children's and women's hosiery firm McCubbin Hosiery.
On closure of the acquisition, the existing managers will continue to operate the company, the firms said. The transaction was made for an undisclosed sum.
"Our partnership with Guardian Capital Partners is an exciting milestone for the company," said McCubbin president David McCubbin. "Our strategies and vision for growth are perfectly aligned and together we will leverage our experiences, skills and resources to push the company to even greater levels of innovation and expansion of the business."
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, McCubbin has a portfolio of branded and private label socks, tights, slippers, leg warmers and infant soft sole shoes. The company sells through department stores, mass retailers, warehouse clubs, speciality stores and e-commerce channels.
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory