US: Guardian Capital takes McCubbin Hosiery majority stake
Private equity firm Guardian Capital Partners has acquired a controlling stake in children's and women's hosiery firm McCubbin Hosiery.
On closure of the acquisition, the existing managers will continue to operate the company, the firms said. The transaction was made for an undisclosed sum.
"Our partnership with Guardian Capital Partners is an exciting milestone for the company," said McCubbin president David McCubbin. "Our strategies and vision for growth are perfectly aligned and together we will leverage our experiences, skills and resources to push the company to even greater levels of innovation and expansion of the business."
Headquartered in Oklahoma City, McCubbin has a portfolio of branded and private label socks, tights, slippers, leg warmers and infant soft sole shoes. The company sells through department stores, mass retailers, warehouse clubs, speciality stores and e-commerce channels.
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change