AUSTRALIA: Gucci Acquires Control Of Australian Business
Multi-brand luxury goods company, Gucci, has acquired the remaining 35 per cent stake in Gucci Australia from joint venture partner, F J Benjamin Holdings. No financial details of the transaction were disclosed. Gucci Australia will now operate as a fully owned subsidiary of the Gucci division. President and chief executive officer of the Gucci Group, Domenico De Sole said: "Taking full control of the Australian joint venture reaffirms our commitment to our brands and to the Australian market where we see significant potential for further development.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022