USA: Gucci Designer Ford Launches Film Career – Paper
Ford, whose contract with the fashion house expires on April 30, has joined the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) in California.
CAA will reportedly act as his "agent for directing assignments".
In a recent interview with Vogue, Ford made his directorial ambitions clear.
"You don't just get to design what people wear, but you design the whole world and whether characters get to live or die," he said.
"There is a permanence to film that fashion lacks."
Ford's biggest cinematic achievement to date is a cameo appearance in the 2001 fashion industry spoof 'Zoolander'.
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020