USA: Gucci Designer Ford Launches Film Career – Paper
Ford, whose contract with the fashion house expires on April 30, has joined the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) in California.
CAA will reportedly act as his "agent for directing assignments".
In a recent interview with Vogue, Ford made his directorial ambitions clear.
"You don't just get to design what people wear, but you design the whole world and whether characters get to live or die," he said.
"There is a permanence to film that fashion lacks."
Ford's biggest cinematic achievement to date is a cameo appearance in the 2001 fashion industry spoof 'Zoolander'.
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Benetton $1.6m Rana Plaza payment “insufficient”
- Traceable label offers textile transparency
- US teens trend to athleisure, value and online
- Dickies debuts body heat mapping tech workwear