USA: Gucci Designer Ford Launches Film Career – Paper
Ford, whose contract with the fashion house expires on April 30, has joined the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) in California.
CAA will reportedly act as his "agent for directing assignments".
In a recent interview with Vogue, Ford made his directorial ambitions clear.
"You don't just get to design what people wear, but you design the whole world and whether characters get to live or die," he said.
"There is a permanence to film that fashion lacks."
Ford's biggest cinematic achievement to date is a cameo appearance in the 2001 fashion industry spoof 'Zoolander'.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket