USA: Gucci Designer Ford Launches Film Career – Paper
Ford, whose contract with the fashion house expires on April 30, has joined the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) in California.
CAA will reportedly act as his "agent for directing assignments".
In a recent interview with Vogue, Ford made his directorial ambitions clear.
"You don't just get to design what people wear, but you design the whole world and whether characters get to live or die," he said.
"There is a permanence to film that fashion lacks."
Ford's biggest cinematic achievement to date is a cameo appearance in the 2001 fashion industry spoof 'Zoolander'.
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019