USA: Gucci Designer Ford Launches Film Career – Paper
Ford, whose contract with the fashion house expires on April 30, has joined the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) in California.
CAA will reportedly act as his "agent for directing assignments".
In a recent interview with Vogue, Ford made his directorial ambitions clear.
"You don't just get to design what people wear, but you design the whole world and whether characters get to live or die," he said.
"There is a permanence to film that fashion lacks."
Ford's biggest cinematic achievement to date is a cameo appearance in the 2001 fashion industry spoof 'Zoolander'.
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders