HOLLAND: Gucci - Printemps Redoute Strategic Alliance Intact
Domenico De Sole, president and chief executive of Gucci Group N.V. (NYSE: GUC; Amsterdam) told analysts and investors today that Wednesday's decision of the Supreme Court of The Netherlands leaves Gucci's strategic alliance with Pinault Printemps Redoute S.A. (PPR) intact. The decision placed no restrictions on Gucci's ability to pursue its multi-brand strategy, a strategy that Gucci intends to continue to pursue aggressively.Mr De Sole said that "the Supreme Court eliminated findings of mismanagement against Gucci on the grounds that the Enterprise Chamber reached its conclusions without conducting a formal investigation of the matter. The Supreme Court did not order the Enterprise Chamber to conduct a new investigation and nor did it suggest that a formal inquiry should be commenced. As a result of this decision it is up to LVMH to decide if it wants to return to the Enterprise Chamber and seek a fresh hearing. Should such an action be brought by LVMH, Gucci strongly believes that the Enterprise Chamber would uphold the PPR strategic alliance as it did last year."He observed that the Enterprise Chamber is the same Court that previously upheld the strategic alliance, which has been a great success, driving Gucci's multi-brand strategy and delivering enormous shareholder value. Mr De Sole also observed that independent shareholders have endorsed PPR's nominees on Gucci's supervisory board and the strategic alliance in two interim shareholder votes.Mr De Sole said: "Gucci and PPR have forged an excellent partnership that continues to deliver outstanding results for the benefit of all shareholders. Gucci will pursue its multi-brand strategy with PPR's support."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar