THE NETHERLANDS: Gucci Q2 Profit Slumps 47%, Outlook Bright
Major luxury goods producer Gucci Group NV on Wednesday reported a steep slide in second quarter net profit as it was hurt by weaker sales in Europe and flat revenue growth in the US. The company posted net income for the quarter ended July 31 of 22.7 million euros ($26.6m), or 23 European cents a share, versus 42.8 million euros, or 42 cents a share, in same period of the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again